Croke Park Classic
Important information for tour participants regarding Iceland volcano here.
Heading to the Croke Park Classic?
(PLEASE NOTE: Registration for the Official Penn State Tour is now sold out.)
If you are attending the Croke Park Classic on your own, you are welcome to join other Penn Staters for the following activities:
THURSDAY, Aug. 28
The following conference is open to ALL Penn Staters. Registration is required.
The UNESCO Symposium on Youth Civic Engagement and Leadership through Sport and Recreation.
- Croke Park Stadium
- The symposium represents the scholarly commitment of Penn State and its partners in Ireland and Northern Ireland to advancing international youth development programs and policy.
- Visit the website for more information on the Symposium.
FRIDAY, Aug. 29
Penn State Pep Rally
4:00–5:00 p.m.; program begins at 4:30 p.m.
Intersection of Essex and Parliament in the Temple Bar area
The Gaelic Athletic Association is creating a “fan zone” with activities, free and open to all Penn State fans. A contingent of 33 band members, 15 cheerleaders, 8 dance team members and the Nittany Lion Mascot will be on hand. Featuring President Eric Barron, new Athletic Director Sandy Barbour, Executive Director of the Nittany Lion Club Mark Wharton, and Penn State Alumni Association Executive Director Roger Williams. Twenty members of the football team will also attend, although no coaches are able to attend. Visit the Croke Park website to read a press release from the Gaelic Athletic Association.
GAME DAY (SATURDAY, Aug. 30)
Temple Bar area
Public transportation will be available to transfer fans to the stadium, which is a 20-30 minute walk from the Temple Bar area. Although there should not be any difficulty in finding other Penn State fans, three “Penn State Pubs” have been identified for folks to gather:
Penn State Pubs:
- Porterhouse Temple Bar, 16-18 Parliament St., Dublin 2
- Fitzsimons Temple Bar, 21-22 Wellington Quay Temple Bar, Dublin 2
- Farrington’s of Temple Bar, 28 Eustace St., Dublin 2