More than 700,000 degrees have been awarded in Penn State’s storied history. From the first 12 in 1861 to the more than 18,000 a year today, the Penn State Family continues to grow and expand, with the current number of living alumni pegged at more than 658,000. These Penn Staters can be found in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries in the world—and the Penn State Alumni Association connects them all through a broad array of programs, events, services, and activities.
Total Penn State Alumni: more than 658,000*
The mission of the Alumni Association is to connect alumni to the University and to each other, to provide valued services to members, and to support the University’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
Media and Public Relations Contacts
- Alumni Association pledges $1.5 million in scholarship support to Penn State students
- Penn State Rose Bowl Pep Rally Details Set for Jan. 1 in Los Angeles
- Cepeda donates $25,000 to endow Penn State Alumni Association career mentoring and support programs, individuals
- Brokloff donates $30,000 to endow Alumni Association affiliate groups that pursue innovation, creativity
- Alumni Association reports on progress, unveils roadmap for the future
- Blue & White Society, Lion Ambassadors keep tradition and spirit alive at Penn State
- Ten elected, 10 appointed members join Alumni Council
- 10 elected to serve on Alumni Council
- Dent to receive Friend of Penn State award
- Alumni Council elections to run May 10–31
- Penn State Alumni Association makes largest pledge in class gift history to CAPS