More than 700,000 degrees have been awarded in Penn State’s storied history. From the first 12 in 1861 to the more than 18,000 a year today, the Penn State Family continues to grow and expand, with the current number of living alumni pegged at more than 560,000. These Penn Staters can be found in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries in the world—and the Penn State Alumni Association connects them all through a broad array of programs, events, services, and activities.
Total Penn State Alumni: 560,658*
- Executive Director Roger L. Williams '73, '75g, '88g
- President Kathleen Arnold Smarilli '71
The mission of the Alumni Association is to connect alumni to the University and to each other, to provide valued services to members, and to support the University’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
Media and Public Relations Contacts
- April 25 “Senior Sendoff” open to all Penn State seniors
- Eleven Young Penn Staters To Be Honored With Alumni Achievement Award April 12
- BOT Election 2013: Alumni Association again launches “Three Questions for the Candidates” website
- Nineteen Penn Staters Honored With Alumni Fellow Award
- Penn State Alumni Association Membership Grows by 2.4 Percent to 169,209
- Ten Alumni Elected, Three Appointed to Serve on Alumni Association’s Governing Board
- Alumni Opinion Survey Results