More than 700,000 degrees have been awarded in Penn State’s storied history. From the first 12 in 1861 to the more than 18,000 a year today, the Penn State Family continues to grow and expand, with the current number of living alumni pegged at more than 631,000. These Penn Staters can be found in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries in the world—and the Penn State Alumni Association connects them all through a broad array of programs, events, services, and activities.
Total Penn State Alumni: more than 631,000*
- Executive Director Roger L. Williams '73, '75g, '88g
- President Kay Frantz Salvino '69
The mission of the Alumni Association is to connect alumni to the University and to each other, to provide valued services to members, and to support the University’s mission of teaching, research, and service.
Media and Public Relations Contacts
- Alumni Association honors 12 with Alumni Achievement Award
- President Barron creating conversations with talk show
- Pegula Ice Arena: The team behind the team
- For engineer, Penn State was another big ship
- Lion Surplus plays key role in Penn State's sustainability mission
- Pink Zone support groups personify event’s impact
- City Lights schedule announced; registration now open
- Vamos! Lion Chariot offers Happy Valley 'transportainment'
- Upcoming events with President Barron scheduled
- THON fundraisers scheduled across country
- Urschel, alumnus team up to create scholarship program
- Milk bottle fundraiser drives Dairymen's Club
- Black still keeping alumni, fans connected to Penn State through The Football Letter
- There’s reasoning and a strong purpose behind John Black's method for writing The Football Letter, the Penn State Alumni Association’s weekly report on the football team; Black will begin his 40th season next year — he took the helm after founder Ridge Riley, a 1932 Penn State graduate, who wrote The Football Letter from 1938-75.
- Dear Hero Program Sends ‘Little Piece of Home’ to Deployed Troops
- Stengels Make $1 million gift to endow Penn State Alumni Association volunteer leadership programs
- Alum Keegan-Michael Key discusses career, comedy and handling fame
- Penn State’s History of Dairy Research Plays Critical Role
- Lion Ambassadors to showcase the Palmer Museum of Art on Oct. 15
- Sue Paterno to speak at Guard the Lion Shrine
- 2014 Homecoming schedule of events announced